Monday, June 12, 2017

God Blesses His Gringos!

1. Welcome to Alegrete!
Life is good here in Alegrete! Tuesday I woke up at 5:00 to catch the bus! It was strange riding alone, seriously had lack of companion stress. It was a long 5 hour ride, and I puked 6 times. But I`m super happy with my new area and my comp! Elder Bagely is a stud. The people here are  WAY more open to missionaries and the Gospel so I`m super excited to work in this town!
Bus ride to Alegrete

2. The two most blessed gringos around
It´s safe to say that this was a God-inspired transfer, cause we saw so many tender mercies! The Lord was there guiding us to people who are ready. We taught some crazy spiritual lessons, and nothing makes me happier than to see people with a true desire to know God´s will and then follow it!
Our ward is a bit different here. We had 33 people at Church yesterday, counting 2 Elders and  their 4 investigators.... But the members we have are super strong and ready to work!

doginhos and gringos! (mini hot dogs and Americans)


3. Jesus is the Christ
The best part of this week for me was seeing the growth of my testimony. I've been studying the life of Christ and the power of his eternal sacrifice, and it takes my breath away every time. Every single one of us will one day stand before God and account for the life we lived, and if we have accepted and used his Atonement, how great will be our joy in that day! I know God lives and this is His church, and that if we exercise our faith and repent everyday we will be clean before him in that grand and last day!

Love you all! My challenge for you all is to read Alma 5. Do it and watch yourself change.

Elder Rawson

No comments:

Post a Comment