Monday, March 19, 2018

Let´s get Married Folks!

HELLO FAMILY AND FRIENDS!

1. Planning Weddings
So the highlight of our week was for sure marking 3 weddings with people we are teaching! Here in Brazil nobody gets legally married, they just start living together, so to prepare to get baptized you have to follow the slightly complicated legal process. We've been working hard and we have 3 marked! This Saturday Roger and Maricele will get married and baptized so that will be a huge victory! I've been teaching them for a while now and we've fought various difficulties to get here. There´s not a better feeling for a missionary than to see your investigators trust in Christ and apply repentance so that they can be baptized. Their son Kauan was baptized in January, so this will be the first complete family that I was able to teach and baptize! Miracles everywhere.

 get ready for our investigators'  baptism
2. Crazy Brazil rainstorms
So twice this week I passed through a strange experience. We were walking on the street on a normal sunny day with a few clouds in the sky and all of a sudden it started DUMPING rain! I was confused cause it was sunny, but in 10 minutes it passed. It rained just enough to wet us down for the rest of the day:)

I´m so very grateful to be here in Santa Maria on my mission, serving the people of Brazil. The pure love that I feel for this people is not something I can describe with words, only something that Christ can put into our hearts. I´m grateful to have this chance to come to know my Savior.

Love you all!!
Elder Rawson

 I´m in love with Açaí <3

District meeting with President & Sister Louza

walking home after a good days work

Pday lunch with Alessandro (greatest member ever)



No comments:

Post a Comment