Monday, March 26, 2018

Happily Ever After


1. A Wedding and a Super Baptism
What a week! First, I´m grateful for the thoughts and prayers of many this week, and I`m happy to say that everything worked out beautifully! Roger and Maricele got married Saturday morning and that afternoon they were baptized, as well as Diane! It truly was a miracle that everything worked out so perfectly. I've never worked and prayed so hard for something in my life, and the immense satisfaction and Spirit that I now feel makes it all worth it.  The mission is the best. being able to help them in this process was so amazing. It really was such a beautiful day.... I´ll never forget it. A family for Christ, & happily ever after for all:)

Marciele signing at her wedding

Me signing the marriage papers as a witness

The baptism

The family -- all members now!

2. Family Night with President Louza
On Monday we had another family night with President and Sister Louza! This time we brought Luis and Marilde, who are getting ready for their wedding/baptism in May. Their 13 year old son Ramiro, who was baptized last year, has been a great example to them. You can always count on your mission president to give a powerful message! It was a great night for sure.

3. Brazilian Politics
Right now Brazil is in a rough patch with political unrest. There is a lot of corruption in the government, and it´s a hot topic here. Well this week the ex president Lula, who is trying to get re elected, came to Santa Maria and had a rally right in the middle of my area! As missionaries we´re suppposed to avoid protests and rallys like this, but our area was packed with people! I even saw Lula! Ha, crazy stuff.

I´m grateful to be serving my Savior here in Santa Maria. I´ll never forget this time of my life! The joy I feel as a missionary is super extraordinary. I love it here.

Love,
Elder Rawson

Family Night with Bishop and some recent converts!

Selfie with Diane, her sister, and her Dad

Our pet puppy (kinda) who lives  in the house below us

Cooking Xis with Alessandro 

Baptism of Roger and Marciele
FHE with Luis, Marilde, and Ramiro!
Sunset Selfi
The newlyweds after the wedding
Roger and Maricele´s wedding and the members who came to support!
Our District full of gringos

No comments:

Post a Comment