Monday, April 30, 2018

The Last Transfer


foto Diogo
I'm officially going to spend my last 6 weeks in Santa Marta! I'll get a new comp tomorrow, Elder Lundrigan from California, so I'm excited!

1. A great week to be in Santa Marta
What a great week we had here! I was happy to hear that Daniel (a man that I originally made contact with 6 months back when we helped him with a moving project) and his family of 4 all got baptized in Salgado Filho this week! I was super proud of our zone for having 10 baptisms this week and 16 on the month! At our zone conference President Louza threw up our mission's numbers, then compared it with "a zone that´s doing big things" to show our true potential. I´m proud of the hard working missionaries we have!

2. Life in the vila
This week we were teaching a kid who's come to church 3 times in the "vila" where life conditions aren't great. As we were teaching, his mom´s ex-husband showed up and they started yelling and fighting, and he pulled out a knife and threatened to kill her, all right in front of us. We tried to calm down the situation but we felt that it was best for our safety just to leave. Life in the vila is always interesting! I have some fun mission stories to tell at least!

3. FHE and the Book of Mormon
This week we had 3 family home evenings with members to help them get to know our recent converts and investigators, and it´s a guaranteed way to bring a great spirit into the room. Always remember to have FHE folks! I see the blessings it brings into people's lives. I finished the Book of Mormon this morning too and I can say without doubt that it is the most correct book on earth, and it's the best way to come closer to our Savior Jesus Christ and feel lasting peace in our lives.

The Church is true, the Book is blue!

Love you all!
Elder Rawson

my customized license plate

the Bishop and his family

our powerful DLs,


Young Men group visits
Elder Luz and Elder Vieira- they´re heading home

zone conference
FHE with a bunch of kids!

The Borba Family

group

Moisés & his family

1 comment:

  1. Hello David you're still in Santa Maria? I know that soon it leaves Brazil, I want to give you a hug before you leave, if it is possible to send your cell phone number to your mother, in case she prefers I have an email: hipinoz@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete