Monday, May 28, 2018

Pray for Brazil

1. Jerusa's baptism
The highlight of this week was for sure Jerusa;s baptism! Her late mother was a faithful member, and always invited Jerusa to come to church and talk to the missionaries, but she was never interested. Well, we met her in February as a member reference.  Slowly the Lord has worked with her, softening her heart, to the point where she basically told us she wanted to be baptized! Her stepdaughter, Diane, was baptized in March and her other kids were already coming, so it was a triumphal moment to see all her family together at her baptism and at church! She had real intent, and the Lord blessed her and did His part. He ALWAYS does His part when we do ours! A great experience for me.

Jerusa´s baptism

Jerusa´s family
2. Small Victories 
We had a tender moment this week. We were teaching a less active grandma and her 9 year old grandson, who came to church last week. We taught the Gospel of Jesus Christ and this lesson we taught about the Plan of Salvation, and of course at the end we invited him to be baptized! The grandma has health problems and wants to wait till she gets better and can come every week for him to get baptized, a valid thought. But Victor´s little prayer at the end touched my heart "Heavenly Father, please bless grandma so that she can get better so that I can get baptized and be able to enter into the Celestial Kingdom with my family." His powerful little prayer touched my heart!

3. I love teaching the Gospel
I have come to love teaching the Gospel, explaining God´s teaching so simply that even a child could understand. This has made me be able to clearly see what God expects of us and I have gained a testimony that all this really is the truth. There´s such a joy in being a missionary and teaching the Gospel. There is no more compelling work than this, nor any which brings greater satisfaction. "More happiness awaits you than you have ever experienced as you labor among His children." And I testify that it's true.

4. Pray for Brazil
Brazil is passing through some difficult moments. The truckers, who deliver everyday products, are on day 7 of a national strike because of corruption in the government. Basically markets are running out of food, some cities don´t have gasoline, etc. Pray that this can be resolved before a national panic happens.

Well, next week will be my last P-Day.... and shortly I´ll be home! I love you all! thanks for the prayers, love, and support.

Elder RAWSON
Coming Soon!

my BFF Elder Vandertoolen

CHURRO STAND

the living statue!! (he's a member)

No comments:

Post a Comment