Monday, September 5, 2016

One More Door

"Obedience brings blessings. Perfect obedience brings miracles!"
 -Elder Brody Childs

1. The extra door
Great week here in Santa Mariaaa! So super cool experience this week. Tuesday night we finished up a meeting at the church at like 8, and it´s a 15 minute walk to our area even though our apartment is right next to the church. It was dark and dumping rain but we decided to try one last contact! So we go and no ones home. Bummer! So we´re heading back and we decide to try one more house, and what do you know, they let us in! A grandma and a mom with an 8 year old son that knows more about the Bible than me! On our follow up appointment the next day we found out that the mom had a tough divorce and was planning to kill herself but the Spirit we brought to her home changed her mind! God is good. I'm so grateful I followed the Spirit and was able to find who the Lord needed! :)

2. Book of Mormon
I finished the Book of Mormon this week and man do I love that book! Sitting in a chair with paper scriptures and a pen in hand is WAY more effective than reading from your phone in bed, and I learned so much more! This book can change your life if you read it will real intent!

3. Singing Career: continued
Once a transfer our whole zone meets in the town center and sets up a booth and try and get contacts! It's the funnest meeting people and getting to share my testimony! At the end a couple other Elders and I sang a hymn to the whole square! Got some strange looks cause I can´t sing in Portuguese worth beans, but it was so worth it!

4. Culture Fun Facts
So it´s election season here as well, and publicity is crazy. Giant trucks drive around with the loudest speakers on earth blasting a campaign to music. Every time I bear my testimony in a lesson Satan sends one of those our way to kill the Spirit! Another thing is they sell milk and eggs off the shelf, so it´s safe to say I haven´t eaten that yet!

Well have a good week yáll, remember God loves you more than you know:)
Much love, Elder Rawson

Street meeting, Zone Salgado Filho 


No comments:

Post a Comment