Monday, April 24, 2017

It's Already Time to Renew My Visa


Time's a flying by here in Santa Maria, I was shocked to say the least when I got the phone call that it's time to renew my visa! 
I own this town:))
1. Recent Convert Progress
This week Pedro got the Priesthood! I was super pumped for him. This week we had our follow up lessons with them and it was amazing to see how the Gospel changes lives! After Rose´s baptism she said she doesn't even feel tempted to drink coffee anymore! We had a family night and they made us pizza. They're the best!

Pizza/ FHE

2. Analee/Natalicia
We've been working with Natalicia, a less active of 40 years, who´s active these days and now we have the chance to teach her daughter! Analee read the Book of Mormon and told us how she loved the part about "the straight and narrow path" because Jesus had to follow a hard path when he suffered for our sins. Quite the 10 year old:)

3. Planning Pays Off
Our mission has been focusing on being obedient because we have a love for the people, and not just because we love to follow the rules! Our President promised us that if we would have a good planning session, God would send us where we were needed. So we did just that, but were bummed to find that we followed up to a fake address. We decided to ask a man on the street if he knew the person and he didn't but after talking to him he told us he was baptized 10 years ago and moved and would like to meet with us! It was cool to see how God puts us where we need to be.

4. Snack Foods
I´m in the Center Ward, so I walk through the commerce every day, and the street vendors are quite good at their jobs;) I´m a frequent buyer of the churros stuffed with doce de leite (3 reais/1dollar) and honey roasted peanuts (1 real/30 cents). It´s the real deal to say the least!

5. Zone conference
This week half our mission got together for a conference! President Louza continues to be my favorite person on earth, when he talks the Spirit always hits me hard! We talked about the carrying the joy we felt when we opened our mission calls into our day to day work. Loved it!

Thats the wrap folks! até mais meus amigos (translation:  See you, my friends)
-Elder Rawson
Zone Conference
Zone t-shirts

repping my new Ute gear (thanks Mom/Tyler)
my cookies attempt
My former comp Elder Prata was called as the new secretary
and is living with me again
The Flu Shot
Santa Maria Sunset

No comments:

Post a Comment